He wanted to know what we are really good at beside teaching our subject matter. What are we really passionate about?
I was really shocked that so few people in the room had an answer.
Maybe they were ashamed to admit their online porn addiction, or their WOW game play, or maybe they are really unsure.
It was reassuring and kind of saddening all at the same time.
I don't know my genius, but I figured that I was alone in this.
He made us create a slideshow using iPhoto with about 10 slides. Mine ended up consisting of randomness.
- A basket: I have a lot of random knowledge about random things - I once was at a trivia night with my mother and other lawyers and was able to answer many law questions better than them. My mom still says that I am really smart (sometimes even lets it slip that she thinks I am the smartest of my four siblings.)
- The logo for How It's Made - I love that show and learning how things work and how they are put together.
- A beautiful natural woman: Hair care - I love learning about how to care for natural hair. I am looking forward to growing mine back out so I can play more with it.
- A piece of food: Nutrition - I can tell you about what to eat that is good for you, what you need to eat when you are pregnant, how much and what you should eat if you are trying to lose weight or build muscle. Unfortunately, I am often too lazy or tired after work to make really nutritious variety... I basically eat the same thing most days.
- A trash can and a recycle symbol: Minimizing my life - Getting rid of something each day has worked this entire month and a half. I will try and continue through February. I am also trying to not associate with people who are continuously negative.
- A pen and paper: I love to write. Even succeeded in completed this NaBloPoMo posting every single day in January. Not that every post was stellar or award-worthy, but I accomplished that mission and intend to do it again in February.