Judy, at Life... Minute by Minute has honored me by giving me the Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you, Judy!
I love that I am gaining more readers as I continue on this mission to see how long I can write each day of the year - so far I'm on day 139 and it is becoming a habit to just write each day.
I have increased some creativity, I have also relocated my sense of humorous storytelling (at least a little bit). So I am joyful to be given this award.
Since I have been selected by Judy for this award, I have to tell you ten things about me the that you may not know, list six blogs to pay forward the award so that they can do the same (if they so choose to).
- I have grown to love hockey. I have watched almost every game of the playoffs and am loving it! I wish I had played, or that I knew how to ice skate as well as they do.
- I also have grown to love F1 racing. But, I really can't stand oval racing. There is something mesmerizing about the racers moving so swiftly around the non-oval tracks and the excitement coming from their skills and not from spectators waiting for a crash. Also awesome is the fact that so much of the new technology they put into the cars eventually ends up in the regular cars we drive.
- I wish there was a way for me to tan my feet. For some reason, I was born with feet that are way paler than the rest of my body and no matter what I do (laying out by the pool in pants and long-sleeves so that only my feet will tan) nothing seems to work. I did try a spray tan once that seemed to work wonders, but my feet were still shades lighter than the rest of my body.
- Despite the first three items on my list, I am a black woman. I know you may not have been able to tell from those aspects of my 10, but it is true. Not only am I African-American, I am very African. I am a first generation American. Yes, my parents are officially citizens, so no need to chase them off.
- Sticking to color, I have been sunburned. Once. It was the worst experience of my life. It hurt to put a shirt on, it hurt to touch. I don't know how or why people with lighter skin would ever do anything that would even risk sunburn. I didn't know what to do. I ended up going into Walgreens and politely asking the palest lady in the sunburn-treatment aisle for advice. She suggested aloe. It really didn't do anything to aid in easing the pain.
- I love teaching. It is really my superpower. I believe I can teach anything even though I am a social studies teacher. I have taught some math classes to students who said I did it better than their "real" teacher. I used to try and teach my siblings something new each time I saw them and they were always anxious to see what it would be. But, I am not sure if this is what I want to continue doing until I retire (if retirement is even an option by that time in US history).
- I have always wanted to become ambidextrous. I think left-handedness is so cool. For a long time, I practiced writing and doing activities with my left hand. To this day, I can only use chopsticks with my left hand and prefer to use a fork with my left hand, too.
- I was supposedly really good at art when I was young - real young. I was always complimented on my work. I was also pretty good in my photography classes. I loved both. But, I haven't tried to draw anything since middle school and haven't taken photos for art since high school. I also was good at poetry. Won an award in high school and was published somewhere that wasn't even on the internet since that wasn't as big back then.
- I have really loved some of the posts I've written. Two of my favorites, fortunately, are also some of my most visited posts. One of them was about the toilet situation in my place of work, "Possibly the Worst Invention Ever." In it, I discussed the problems in public bathrooms and the problems with bar food. Another post I loved was my rebuttal to the listing of Saint Louis, Missouri as the third most dangerous city in the whole world. In "After All My Logic And My Theory I Add A..." I blasted the author of the original list, refuted his claims, and even included some Fugees music. I have loved that others have often visited these posts.
- I am handy. I love fixing things and love putting things together. I love taking things apart and trying to put them back together. Perhaps that is why I love those shows that describe how things are made and how they work.
I am paying forward the Kreative Blogger Award to these blogs that you should check out:
Seriously - WTH? by Shay
Winnie's Inky Fingers by Winnie
Word Cut by MOV
Fat Mum Slim by Chantelle