29 January 2013

January Photo-a-Day: Week 4

January Photo-a-Day.  Prompts by Fat Mum Slim.

This past week has been so cold that I didn't really want to even take my phone out of my pocket to snap pictures outside.  It was so cold that I didn't show much more than my eyes when outdoors.  I was so cold that it hurt my eyes.  Because of that, most of my pictures are inside this past week.  Hopefully, this next week sees temperatures past the twenties.

January 21 - What you do
21. I love trying new things with my hair now that I don't look like Hey Arnold anymore.  I tried to blow it out and can now even put parts in my hair - with the assistance of a few bobby pins.

January 22 - Corner
22. This is a corner of my pre-war apartment elevator.  I like that it is winter and I don't have to touch the buttons without gloves or with my keys anymore.  They just seem as though they are icky.

January 23 - Electric
23. I like to shred items with my name on them that come in the mail.  I guess I am a bit paranoid, but I don't like my name and address to be in the trash and then wind up in someone's hands.  Same with private information and even prescription information.  I finally got a shredder here in NYC - didn't bring mine from StL.  Now I have eliminated a huge pile of papers and feel lighter.

January 24 - Stripes
24. I love my Uniqlo clothes.  They have some sort of heat technology that makes you warm without needing a lot of layers.  I have this striped tunic that I am in love with (also have it in tanish).

January 25 - Landscape
25. I found this shop where I would eventually get my printer.   I like the little bitty park that is across the street from it.  The shops are behind the trees.

January 26 - Together
26. I don't know why this man sitting across from we on the subway had on two watches.  I guess so he could tell the time two times as well when his hands are together.  I tried to take the photo all sly, but my flash went off as I accidentally hit the snap button before I even had it pointed right.  I tried to play it off, and got a better picture after sitting like I was just looking at ish on my phone for a few stops.

January 27 - Sun
27. I should have known this printer would not be the sunshine in my life when, as it was being transported up the conveyor belt to be handed off to me, it slipped back down and I heard it sliding and tumbling.  I should have known.  Instead, I figured it must be padded enough and took it home.  After setting it up, it printed every page completely black.  I called customer service and they said it was broken and needed service.  Now, I must figure out how to carry this big-a thing back down to the beautifully landscaped store and get another one.  So much for saving time on school prep this week.

8 comments:

  1. Oh,I love the 2 watches! I'm going to be making up back stories for that all afternoon! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really interesting and entertaining to make stories about why he may be wearing two watches... thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. I love the shot of the elevator! The lines are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now that you mention it it is kind of fascinating once I get the ickiness out of my mind.

      Delete
  3. Love your hair! And lol to the man with the two watches and your flash going off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I was nervous that he would realize I was trying to snap a photo of him, but I was holding my phone really low on my lap, so he (hopefully) thought it was an accident.

      Delete
  4. I love the look of your elevator, better than tripping over the kids shoes they kindly leave on the stairs in our house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Hope your steps clear off as they get older!

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.