05 November 2007

Hilarity

I am a lover of words. I constantly am looking up words I hear that I may not know. I also love to look for the origins of words to know why people use them the way they do.

Yesterday I heard someone on the television say that someone had "scared the bejesus out of" someone else. Of course I have heard the phrase, have even used it mockingly. But I have never really looked into the origins of the phrase.

Most dictionaries have the basic definition of bejesus being that it is an exclamatory term. All fine, but I wanted more.

I ended up coming onto this website. Which is hilarious. Absolutely had me laughing aloud with its explanations of bejesus and how to gain and lose bejesus. It is a bit long, but it flies by as you laugh and read and share with whoever is around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.