16 April 2008

Driving while stupid

When you do something crazy, the initial reaction is to try and not get caught. Unless you are doing it for attention. Let's say you crash into a house while driving drunk. If this were to happen to me, I would immediately sober up and try and figure out what to do. I know it is illegal to leave the scene of an accident, but that would be the first thing I would want to do. I would drive to some friend who details cars and can fix mine, or tear it up and trade me for another one. I would drive somewhere so as not to get caught. Not that I wouldn't feel for the home owner -- I would note their address and send them a check to fix it. Even hook them up with a friend who does construction work.

This guy did not sober up very well when he ran into a house. CoMo. I tell you. He is a medical student. I'm sure kicking it hard after a lot of homework. I guess none of his friends knew that he was too drunk to drive. Some friends.

And how drunk was the homeowner that they did not hear a person drive a truck into the side of their home close to where they were sleeping.

Affordable education is a world-wide issue.

Yes, I have changed subjects. Abruptly.

In Spain, parents are taking (what I would consider) some pretty drastic measures to ensure their children gain an advantage, are accepted into schools, and that they can pay for their children's education.
Competition for spots in acceptable state schools is so fierce in Spain, that parents are getting divorces in order to give their children an advantage. Under Spanish law, children living with a single parent get extra points on their applications.
And by the way, I have gotten to wear a t-shirt out side two days in a row. And I didn't die from being cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.