06 June 2008

I just don't understand how it works

I am all about optical illusions. I love watching magic shows and trying to figure out how the stuff they are doing is accomplished. I have not quite figured out how David Blaine does some of his tricks, but that makes him even more intriguing.

This is something that I am not sure I understand. It works every time. It seems to somehow read my mind. And everyone's that I have had try this out.

The Junk Genie.

It can guess which number and which object you are thinking of.

Try it and let me know if you can trick it.

Another really difficult thing for me to understand is why out of all the places to have the summer Olympics in 2016, Chicago is on the list. I am not saying that it is not a cool place (literally) to hang sometimes, but with the other cities in the top four -- Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and Madrid -- how is Chicago in the running against them? Think of the beauty and intrigue of the other three options, then think of the windy city of Chicago. I would prefer to go to Chicago. And I'm hoping to have some athletes of my own there at those Games, so I would prefer to travel with them to a more fabulous region of the world.

2 comments:

  1. The Olympic site picks are as much politics as anything else.

    Atlanta (in 1996) was the last summer one in the U.S. 2016 would be 20 years later--and since we're still considered one of the "Big Boys" they need to throw us a bone once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you have officially freaked me out with that Junk Genie thing.

    Seriously.

    I may not sleep tonight wondering how it knew what I was thinking!!

    That is just plain creepy.

    Oh, and I have no idea why it would be on the list but I would so pick Rio over Chicago any day! :p

    ReplyDelete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.