16 December 2012

I don't want my mama, I want my Netty pot

Sunday Stream of Consciousness post.  Semi-prompt: When you're sick, even as an adult, do you still long for your mama?



When I am truly sick, I long for nothing more than medicine that puts me to sleep, some sort of tissue right by my bedside, a Netty pot, and an awesome blanket.

I don't want to be bothered by any other person, though it is nice to have someone remind me/force me to eat, drink, and see daylight.

But, I really long to be alone when I am sick.  I guess it is the part of me that doesn't want others to see me so vulnerable.

This is my shortest post for Jana's Sunday - about 2 minutes.  I guess it was welcome to think about this for a few minutes to take my mind off of other things going on in life and in society.

You can read others' posts and post your own five-minute brain-dump on Sundays by going to Jana's Thinking Place.

10 comments:

  1. I feel you - though I sometimes want my mama and my neti pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor dad loved his netty pot. My dad is in the hospital and not well at all. That has been an underlying sadness in my life -- I hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your father gets better! And that you find joy!

      Delete
  3. The title of your post made me chuckle; we all need to chuckle this weekend. I have never used a netti pot, but I hear they work wonders. Next time I'll get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)
      We sure do need some moments of chuckles. You should try it. I was nervous at first, but am a believer in it and what it can do at the first sign of sinus issues, or a cold.

      Delete
  4. I definitely get this! But I do want my mom sometimes---usually for the big things, like surgery. But otherwise? a blankie, a good book, and some hot tea work well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about a good book! And some tea!! So good. My mom used to make me peppermint tea when I was sick - I guess I could use her for that.

      Delete
  5. Judging from other posts. I guess you are feeling better. But when I am sick. I want someone to take care of me :-0 I am such a cry baby and good news is I don't get sick often :-)--keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knock on wood and your head twice! LOL!

      Hope you don't get sick!

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.