21 January 2012

Tupac keeps me going

I used to be "in love" with Tupac Shakur.

I memorized almost every one of his songs, read his book of poetry, had a poster of him in my bedroom and just about died when he also became a fabulous actor as well.  I was glued to Kurt Loder's updates (when MTV was actually relevant) when I found out he was shot and later when he died.

One quote that stands out to me regularly from Pac is one that is so true, even though sometimes it doesn't seem possible or that I am capable of holding on.
I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing.  Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that.  So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up... and handle it.
How can you not love a man that speaks such beauty and truth?

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I really knew Tupac but wow, what you posted was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lucy - He was actually really poetic. Even published a book of poems/lyrics.

    ReplyDelete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.