25 November 2012

Look, I'm complaining

This year, I have been trying not to complain, and because of that, almost didn't follow Jana's prompt today, but I am complaining anyway.

Today's prompt for Stream of Consciousness Sunday was "I'm annoyed by..."

Today what has annoyed me:

  • The woman on the bus from the airport who did not move her items from the chair next to her even as the bus became standing room only and elderly people got on the bus.  She just sat with her sunglasses and, each time someone new got on the bus, or moved closer, or was trying to look at her, she pulled something out of one of her bags and appeared to try not to make eye contact.  I wanted to tell her off and waited for a oncoming rider to tell her off or at least ask to sit in the seat.  Instead it was just a peaceful ride.
  • I still need to do some planning for school tomorrow.  I kind of know what I'm doing, but I kind of don't.  I don't want to open my planner to see what I have planned.  The day is over half over and I don't know if I will have energy to do it later, but I don't feel like doing it now.
  • I don't have food in the house.  I am trying to eat better, and not eat out/deliver as much.  Hard to do when there is no substantial food in the house and I don't have the energy or desire to go to the grocery store.
  • The creaky floors in this apartment really bug.  I have never heard anything this loud.  If I am walking, I cannot have a conversation with the boo.  If one of us is saying something, the other person cannot be moving on the wood floor.  I need to get some kind of runners, or area rugs to see if that will damper the sound a bit.

Sunday Stream of Consciousness.



Five minutes of writing whatever is on your mind (or whatever addresses the prompt).

See more and link up your brain dump on Jana's Thinking Place.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined in. Hope it felt good to get it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you live in an old apartment. In most of the houses I've been in, it's hard not to make loud sounds even when you walk softly. But...it's one of those things I kinda miss because they remind you of the nostalgia of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old is an understatement. Many of the places in NYC are listed as 'pre-war'. The war they speak of is the World War.

      Delete
  3. I have not even thought about what I am doing for my library tomorrow. I have a vague idea...It shall be something good and the kids will love it. So says I. Yours will be good too.
    #speakitintoexistance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your plans!

      I pulled some things together for the next three of days of classes, and now keep my fingers crossed that the copy machine at work will be working...

      Delete
  4. Sorry to laugh at your annoyance -- but the your description of the creaky floor scenario is too funny. That must be loud. And have to plan for the next day when you are plumb tuckered out would be a pain. (and with it getting dark so early, I turn into a potato head at 6 p.m.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries.

      I laugh most of the time, too. Except when I am trying to tiptoe to be quiet and not bother him since I wake an hour before the BF. Then the incessant squeaking, creaking, and dipping is a nuisance.

      Delete
  5. Is your floor covered by carpet? If so pull it up from the baseboard, find the creaky plank(s) and pound a nail in them to quiet them down. I know, you're not going to do that, but it's probably one of the only ways to get the noise to stop or at least make it better short of replacing the floor. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No carpet. This ground is so squeaky, I'm not sure two hundred nails hammered throughout will make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I will look into it with the landlord - though this is the worst landlord situation I've ever experienced.

      Delete
  6. That woman would have made me soooo angry! I'm mad, and I wasn't even there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot for me not to say something to her. And I had to keep trying to tell myself to calm down, that it was ok, that it was the end of Thanksgiving and maybe she was just tired.

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.