15 December 2009

Looking for life directions

Since Thanksgiving day I have been thinking of what I would feel like on this day.  It is the anniversary of when my uncle came off life support and passed away last year.  Yesterday I kept hearing his laugh in my head.  I also think about how not much has changed in my life in the past year. 

Today I am trying to figure out what I have done with my life.  I am at a point where I am really trying to figure out what I really want, where I really want to go, and what I want to do in order to make those wants come to be reality.

For some reason, coming up with some specific wants and desires is kind of hard for me.  I can make some generalities about what I want -- happiness, a good pair of pants that fit in the ass as well as the waist band, a good family of my own, to live in a safe place, to live in a city where I can walk to and from various places for necessities and fun stuff, the list goes on -- but for some reason I am quite general about where those things will happen and how they will come to be.

I don't usually make new year's resolutions, but I feel like this one is necessary.  I need to figure out what I really want and how I am going to make those things happen. 

My birthday is this Saturday and by the next birthday, I want to be on the road to achieving my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you right now. Hope you figure things out.

    ReplyDelete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.