What's in a name? Is a name just a name when it can conjure up so much feeling in a person? Is a name just a name when even when someone else has that name it brings you such strong feelings? Is a name just a name when people all over the country wait for celebrities to announce the newest name of the newest birthed child? Is a name just a name when it becomes a push to have the most unique one, one that will encompass everything you want a child to become?
What is in a name?
On Kicking Corners dbstevens has asked readers to address five questions from her blog post.
|This what they need to do outside my bedroom.|
1. What are you listening to right now? I am listening to the birds as they chirp and enter and exit the outside vent of the apartment next to my bedroom. They are loud, they are annoying, and the apartment people seem to think it is not an emergency that needs to be taken care of.
2. Do you like your handwriting? I don't really like it. I see other people's handwriting and think it looks sophisticated. I see mine and think of messy juveniles. I have switched it up recently, but I don't feel it has added anything to make me like my handwriting more.
3. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I sure hope so. I think I can be funny and I like my sarcasm. I think I am pretty loyal to friends, though I do sometimes go long stretches without calling or seeing a friend. But, when we do meet/talk again, we are still cool... or maybe I think we are cool and the other person secretly hates me.
4. What's your favorite breakfast? Pancakes, bacon, eggs. I also love so many different kinds of breakfasts. I also love so many different types of cereal. My siblings created a special holiday that we celebrate each year (though, I think we missed it this year) where we eat cereal for breakfast and dinner for seven days in a row.
I'm skipping around, now...
9. Scary movies or happy endings? I love East Asian scary movies. They are actually kind of scary, unlike American ones that tend to be more humorous than scary. As I have gotten older, I have started to like sappy, girl-movies. It is not something that I am proud of, which may be why am in love with the East Asian films.
10. What makes you feel young? Working out (even though I am nowhere near the shape I was in when I was actually young). Having people mistake me for younger than I actually am (some have thought I was a student in the school where I teach). Laughing hysterically.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? I'm not entirely sure. What is the reason that a person dies at a young age? Is it so that you or someone the person knew could do something great in their life? Is it because the person did something bad in their life? I don't know. I have a colleague who sat on an airplane and said hi to the stranger sitting next to her. They talked the whole flight and ended up falling in love and had a baby earlier this year and will be married soon. Was that destined? I don't know. Is the enormous back pain I have suffered all so that I can focus on working out to prevent the pain? I don't know.
14. Do you always smile for pictures? When I am in photographs, I channel my inner ANTM and smize (smile with my eyes). This can be with a smile or without a smile. I work on my angles and try and make sure that even when there are really attractive people in the photo with me, I still look decent since you never know where photos will show up online these days.
20. What's the coldest you've ever been? Track meet about 4 years ago. It was so cold that when I bought some hot chocolate, it stopped steaming almost as soon as it was poured out of the hot spout. I was so cold that I could not feel my extremities. It was so cold that I became angry. I was angry until about two hours after I was home from the meet and the tingle from my fingers and toes thawing out had ceased.
This was fun. You can check out the rest of the questions on Kicking Corners and answer them for yourself if you desire.