04 April 2012

D is for Delirium

Ok, so I'm not completely delirious by the dictionary definition of the term, but I have been going at work and coaching so hard that I don't feel mentally rested or stable.

Today, I am taking a personal day.

I need to take some time to catch up on sleep, to work on packing, to find a place to live, and to run basic errands.  It is hard to get all of the basic things done when I leave the house at 6:15am and don't return until 6:15pm.

We'll see how much I accomplish and if my mental state returns to a somewhat normal level.

12 comments:

  1. Watch out...actual delirium can sneak up on you fast! Be mindful of your needs! :)

    DL @ Cruising Altitude 2.0
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rest is just what is needed when the work makes one crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE personal days! One of the best inventions ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly a great invention. There are so many days as a teacher that a personal day is necessary to either regroup or to accomplish things that can't be accomplished due to school day hours.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog today. It seems we had similar thoughts about clothes. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. I love wearing dresses and my non-Croc Crocs.

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain. I am having that kind of week too. I hope you are rested after today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope your week gets better, too! And, that next week is a better one.

      Delete
  6. Personal days are sacred! If used properly, they actually increase your productivity in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal Days are the best thing ever! I totally agree that they increase productivity... if only writing sub plans wasn't harder in some cases than just teaching your own class. ;-)

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.