07 April 2012

G is for Golden

Jill Scott is one of my favorite artists.  I absolutely love her voice, her acting (if you didn't get to see The #1 Ladies' Detective Agency when it was on, you are really missing out), her look, everything.

There are so many songs of hers that touch me, but since today is about the letter G, it is going to be her song, "Living My Life Like It's Golden."

The song is all about how she is living her life like it is really valuable.

I need to take this to heart and really live my life like it is valuable and like it is the only one I have (which is what I believe).

I need to be taking advantage of things when they come and not procrastinating.  I need to make sure that I am loving those around me like they, too, are golden.



I'm taking part in the A to Z Challenge; each post during March (Mon-Sat) is dedicated to a letter of the alphabet.  Find links to the other 1850+ bloggers doing the challenge at the website blogroll.

12 comments:

  1. Love this song!
    Totally going to follow her advice.
    -r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, it's a really catchy tune to help us remember to live life like it's golden, golden.

      Delete
  2. nice post and thanks for the recent visit

    David

    http://britsintheus23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her voice, the images, the memories this song brings up. This is great, and I love the added reminder to look at things around me as precious, cause they are whether I recognize them or not, so why not recognize them? I like how you tied this into the G-theme. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love this song and it's message. It's been stuck in my head the past few days and hopefully I will think of it whenever I'm not treating people like gold.

      Delete
  4. This is so true. It can be far too easy just to take people and things for granted, and not appreciate both your own value and the value of those around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier to focus on ourselves instead of those around us, sometimes. We sometimes don't realize we are doing it until someone lets us know that they feel very un-goldlike.

      Delete
  5. I've heard of Scott, but I'm not familiar with her music-thanks for the song. I especially liked what you said about loving those around us like they are golden. Something I can certainly work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the song. She has some really great ones with powerful messages (and a few that seem more mainstream made-for-radio - but that's how the game works, I guess).

      If we all work on treating people like gold, it will be a really great place!

      Delete
  6. Jill does have a beautiful voice and I agree with you about remembering how precious the life and time we have should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I think she is a great artist! We really need to acknowledge those we care for and treat them as if they are as precious as we believe they are.

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.