01 April 2012

A is for Annoyances

A is for Annoyances.

Today, I am starting a new challenge... writing from A to Z for the month of April.




Today, I join it with my usual Stream of Consciousness Sunday post, where fadra's prompt is "I don't wanna..."

I don't wanna pack up and move.  Even though I hate this place, I hate packing and moving and reorganizing even more.  But I know that any place will be less stressful and easier to manage than this place.
I don't wanna retwist my hair this morning.  But I know it is easier to deal with during the work week than my regular 'fro.
I don't wanna deal with allergies tonight.  For some reason, I am pretty much fine during the day, but, like clockwork, when I lay my head down on the pillow to sleep the itching and stuffiness begin.  I have tried new pillows, washing the sheets more often, and taking meds, but I always wake myself up in the night rubbing my nose for relief.
I don't wanna wait two more months to see my newborn nephew.  But, I can't easily get down to Texas for a weekend to see him since I have to coach track meets each weekend until the end of May.  Perhaps it is time to play a little hooky.
I don't wanna feel like blogging is a chore.  But, I also don't want to go through long spells (months) of not writing like I did the last few years.  Hopefully, this letter theme idea will give me some new juice to keep going in April.  I have already written each day this year, and want to see how long I can keep this up.

That is my five-minutes stream of consciousness post.  You can see others' writings or join in at all.things.fadra.  You can also see the directions for how to go about the writing.


#SOCsunday

20 comments:

  1. Good luck on the A-Z challenge! I just thought I would mention, my hubby had terrible allergies, also when he was in bed. We changed the sheets and all that, and he took medications. Then we bought a mini ventilator for the bedroom and it had helped a lot (just make sure the pollen isn't smaller than the vent size - it should say on the box). Also, he got a Cortizone shot from the doctor to 'reestablish a base' and it helped tremendously. Maybe this can help you!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I will have to try out the ventilator idea.

      Delete
  2. umm.. by ventilator I mean a fan which sucks in the air to purify it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow teacher and A-Zer. Like what you're doing with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the good ol' challenge! So nice to meet you!! Glad you're joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming through. I'm looking forward to the posting - though I'm not so sure about X-day.

      Delete
  5. Moving sucks! Use your packing time to listen to a new album, catch up on bad television or have friends over to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packing will definitely be DVR watching time and some bonding time.

      Delete
  6. I cant imagine if I tried to blog everyday. Not gonna even try that one. I've come a long way from a few post a month. I am a military spouse and we are finally staying put. I feel you on that moving. The only plus side what throwing stuff out that needed to be thrown out. Now its just in the garage for a "just in case".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad blogging each day. The hard days were my long track-coaching days when I was out for over 12 hours and then had to try and come up with something to write (usually something not very profound or interesting).
      Glad you have found your home base, and thanks for stopping through again! I have been getting rid of things since December, but I know there is always more.

      Delete
  7. Writing SOMETHING every day, even if it's just for five minutes, is a great way to keep your creativity flowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good point. That is the goal for now. Even if it is short. Write.

      Delete
  8. Stopping by from the A-Z Challenge! I agree with what some of the other commenters have pointed out: WAY TO GO on writing a blog every day. That takes some serious dedication. I'm worried about doing it for a month, and here, you've done it the whole year so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming through! It hasn't been that bad until the end of March when work started getting busier. Good luck writing this month!

      Delete
  9. Moving is the worst. I usually put off packing until it's too late to do it right and I end up throwing random crap in boxes and it's a mess. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and good luck with the challenge! Moving AND blogging everyday, your plate is full!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhhh, it is the worst! So far, I haven't even started packing and need to be moved in 25 days.

      We'll see how well the blogging goes when it starts to get hectic.

      Delete
  10. You inspired me to start the A-z challenge.
    Good luck and remember the first rules of blogging: My blog, my rules.
    -r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-Z is pretty cool, so far.

      Love the blog rules!!

      Delete
  11. Packing, moving, reorganizing, Yes, I totally get that. And so, so many other things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your move went well! Mine starts this Thursday!

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.