19 April 2012

Q is for Quotes

A few that I'm digging right now:
The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new.
Great quote from Pema Chodron
Don't take anything personally.  Nothing others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams.  When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
That one is by Don Miguel Ruiz.
I finally realized that cutting people from my life does not mean I hate them, it simply means, I respect me.
Saw that quote on FB or Twitter.  Can't find who originally spoke it this way.  Connected to the previous quote is a quote from Jeremiah Wright:
Everyone who's in your corner is not necessarily on your team.
So very true as is this next one by Alfred A. Montapert:
Do not confuse motion and progress.  A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.

2 comments:

  1. These are all great. Nice work with your letter "Q"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are good reminders at different times in my life.

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.