24 July 2009

Yo homeboy, I said yo homeboy

The past few days have been filled with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good:
  • My post on the All-Star Game was chosen as the "Local Blog o' the Week" for the local newspaper the Riverfront Times. I guess I'm almost-semi-locally-acknowledged. If you haven't read it and wish to know my views on baseball, check out my point of view on the All-Star Game here. I guess I am one of a very few bunch of people who can be called "baseball-hating". I don't apologize. Thanks to whoever nominated me as well as to the RFT people for picking me.
  • Weather has been nice, which means I am saving money by not running the AC.
  • This year of work, I have been able to limit my spending and save a significant amount more money than I have ever saved before.
The Bad:
  • The basement floor leaks. I should not really be too surprised since leakages seem to follow me the past few places I have lived, click to see the stories of water past.
  • Even though I have saved money on AC, I am having to shove out ridiculous amounts on fixing the basement leak. This house is basically a brand new rehab, but I guess the contractor and constructors of the place were relapsing when they built it because the basement is shit. Concrete is so thin, that when the waterproofers started to demo to put their system in, they reached dirt in less than an inch. That explains the leakage.
  • Dishwasher is also broken and leaking onto the floor during the wash cycle. So I have to get a new one of those. Didn't ever use it when I first got here; I have only used it about 5 times in the past year (really 3 months).
The Ugly:
  • Not only is the basement leaking and I have to pay for that, but the home builders did not have a footer on this house so I have to pay extra for the waterproofing system people to use a different technique than they normally would.
  • Then today as the waterproofers took a break from listening to and singing along with Hart, Lisa Loeb, and Mötley Crüe, the foreman came up and informed me that the sump pump is not functional. Explains why the water was not draining.
  • The money I was able to save is going to be almost completely gone after this.
  • I don't get paid again until the end of August. Good luck to me.
I am reminded of In Living Color and the fabulous Homeboy seminars the two guys used to present.

Only in my case, it seems as though everyone else is trying to figure out how to get mo' money, mo' money, mo' money from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.