29 August 2008

Unintentional comedy

There is a student teacher at my school who is really the epitome of a nerd. Picture some of the guys from those old 80s Revenge of the Nerds movies. He is nice, but he seems a bit like he just wants to show off his Webster U education - though it comes off more like he is confused and not sure of what he is doing in the process.

Every day for the past two weeks, I see him and I just want to bug up laughing. Not because of the way he looks, but because of the way he showed up for school the other day.

He had on a dress shirt and some slacks and a tie. The problem was the tie.

He had the shirt buttoned up all the way, but the tie was on his neck.

I don't think you understand what I am getting at.

The tie was on his neck and not underneath the collar of his shirt. It was really confusing at first. He walked toward his cooperating teacher's classroom and the teachers I was standing with and I just looked for a moment. It was one of those times when it is hilarious, but you just can't bring yourself to laugh just yet because you are not sure if this is really real.

Fortunately the department head called him out on it and the next time we saw the kid he had adjusted his collar.

He had on the same outfit today, and it really just brought it all back to me. I couldn't help but smile whenever he started to talk.

All this while trying not to puke at the department head's camouflage Crocs, this other woman's dress Crocs, and the other woman's regular black Crocs.

In other news that I'm still not sure is funny, scary, or just stupid, the republican candidate picked a running mate. Yea for picking a woman to try to woo the disgruntled Hilary voters. Boo for picking a person who has been mayor for two years, prior to that was mayor of a town of 9000, she has no Washington experience -- but leave it to her to already have been under investigation for corruption. Her husband is connected with oil companies. She believes in creationism and is a staunch pro-life advocate.

But I guess she shows that he is looking for change and that he is willing to have a woman by his side even if he doesn't respect his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.