05 September 2012

Semi-Wordless Wednesday: School Critter

This morning as I rang the buzzer to get into school (I got there so early the doors were not yet unlocked and the principal was the only one there) this is what I saw:

The principal was not worried about it since these things eat other bugs.  I was freaked because it was almost as big as the palm of my hand.

This afternoon as I left the school, it was still there.

Tomorrow is the first day of class for the students.  I have had to do so much to get my room and my curriculum ready, that I have not really done much to get ready for the actual teaching... Hope all goes well!

12 comments:

  1. Huge good luck vibes floating over for you! Not only for the teaching, which I am sure you will rock! But also that your eight-legged friend has packed up and is at least hidding in a hole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!

      I was so caught up in the first days' events that I have not checked to see if it is still there.

      Delete
  2. Woah. That's one big spider. When I was working full time I was the designated office spider remover and I had a coffee mug labeled "bug mug" to expedite the process. Looks like you'll need a cereal bowl to trap that baby.
    Happy first day of school tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the spider will be the only thing you have to worry about tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a pretty smooth day, besides that I did not have the bell schedule for each class until the third period of the day.

      Delete
  4. Don't worry about the spider. It looks like an harmless orb weaver. They get really big this time of year and eat and lay eggs. The eggs will last till spring when they hatch and the whole cycle starts again. The sad thing is she lays her eggs and then dies with the first frost. So Charlotte's Web. I watched one on my porch all fall...Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know.

      The principal reminded me of Charlotte's Web when I showed her the spider.

      Such a sad story. Made me remember that I like that spiders eat other bugs, though.

      Delete
  5. Praying the first day of school goes well! I'm going to have nightmares about that spider!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And sorry for making you see that huge thing that may enter your dreams.

      Delete
  6. See, I check out for a bit and I miss your first day of school!! I hope it went amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.