- I was frantically trying to get things finished for a move. I had my landlords (my parents since I have been living in the house they unsuccessfully bought four years ago with the dream of flipping it quick for a major profit which is now a significant loss) fill out the forms about my rent history. I had to have the new renters come by my place for a home visit (never heard of people doing this before letting you move in). I signed a lease. I got the keys to the new place.
- I missed two days of practice and one track meet because of the housing madness. I have to say, that it was a bit worrisome to be away from those two days of track, but at the same time, it was wonderful to be home earlier and still have a good portion of the day left.
- I had only four kids show up to practice one of the days I was gone. Four out of at least 20 who should have been there. The next day, I went off and had two of the athletes proceed to pout like three-year olds. Fortunately, one of my assistants dealt with it before I snapped and forced them off the team.
- The lack of commitment from the athletes led to me only entering 2 of the 30+ sprinters into our Saturday meet.
- The meet was decent. Saw a lot of old friends. One commented on how he missed me and my ability to make him laugh. That meant a lot. The host school did something completely unheard of... had a massage table in the gym for the coaches to utilize. I have never gotten a real massage. It. Felt. Great.
- Today, after finishing this and eating breakfast, I pack. I organize, throw whatever is left to throw a way away, and I pack.
- Tomorrow, movers arrive at 8:30. The last time I moved, I hired movers, and I really don't even understand why anyone would ever move things on their own.
I am glad I successfully found a place in such short notice. And I am glad that I am able to coach the kids successfully and am getting better at showing them natural consequences.
I am always glad for good company and caring friends.
Hopefully, this week is less frantic and full of more joyful moments.
I feel as though I can see successes in the short-term, but am not sure what success means for me in the long-term.
Stream of Consciousness post for the week.
You can see more of the posts from allthingsfadra's blog and join in yourself, if you like. All it takes is five minutes of writing whatever is on your mind. I went a bit over today, but that is ok, too.
Here's to a successful move! So much work preparing I know. We are kindred spirits - I competed in track & field for 8 years - high school & college. Love that you are giving back & are changing lives through coaching. It must be rewarding. Stopping over from SOCSunday.ReplyDelete
Thanks!! Now, I just have to get back in some kind of shape so I don't get tired just showing them the drills (though I am really great at playing off my soreness).Delete
I am so glad you found housing so quickly!ReplyDelete
Good luck with your move.
Thanks! It went well!Delete
Good luck with your move! I will be doing the same very soon. We aren't hiring movers this time b/c of $$.ReplyDelete
Thanks! Good luck to you! Maybe you can find some young people around you and pay them in pizza and drinks for helping you move (that's what one of the teachers I work with did).Delete
Moving is very stressful.ReplyDelete
It's hard to teach commitment to the kids that don't to really try. Hang in there, coach!
It was definitely stressful, but fortunately, went quickly!Delete
Thanks for the supportive words about the kids!
Man that DOES sound stressful, sorry hermana. I can´t believe those undedicated athletes. What´s up with that? Kids today... smh. By the time you get this you will be in cardboard heaven, so congrats on the move! Be encouraged to know that you clearly have a guardian angel looking over you. Don´t believe me? How else do you explain free on site massags on your worst day? Oh yeah, someone up there Loves.You. :)ReplyDelete
Kids today... so true! Did you see any of these attitudes with the kids in SAm or is it a USA thing?Delete
There must be some sort of guardian watching over, cause I found the apt easily/quickly, moved in one day, and got that blessed massage and a coupon for a discounted first one-hour massage at their building location.
Thanks for the kind words!
I am also hoping for less stress and more success and I am beginning to believe it starts with one's state of mind.ReplyDelete
From your post, I think you've got that one down :-)
Good luck on your stress-lowering, success-filled journey. I think it definitely starts with the mind, which I am still working on for me.Delete
Thanks for stopping by.