11. Letter - I like the handmade signs in Vintage Vinyl with their block-lettering. I would really like to write a letter to (and get a response from) the crazy person who buys the Richard Marx cassette tape that is on the right picture in brown. I would really like to know if they are doing it to be ironic or for their true love for Richard Marx. I would also want to know if they actually have a cassette tape player that really works. I am assuming that some people do because my kid sisters saw someone with a cassette in their backpack a bit ago like he was going to drop it into his Walkman and listen to it on the DC train or something.
12. Texture - I am still trying to get used to the trend of wearing shoes that look like house-shoes out of the house. It is something that I will never do myself, something that I will never understand, and something that I will never think is acceptable. Sorry if this offends you house-shoe-outside-of-the-house-wearers. This photo was at the chiropractor's waiting room (I have been so many times for my messed up elbow (that seems to be getting worse each week after it starts to feel better) that it is really messing up my summer budget; it is causing me to hemorrhage money!!)
13. Open - I finally opened my Google Reader after forever. It was up to 1000+ (not even sure the exact number of unread posts from blogs I follow because after it hits 1000 it stops going any higher and just says "1000+"). I successfully got down to 136. I like to comment as much as possible and read as many posts as I can. But, for the sake of my sanity, there were some blogs that I didn't read all of the posts and there were SO many that I did not comment on. I did read a lot, though. Goal now, is to not let it get back so high. Perhaps tomorrow I will go back and chop the number down some more... I'm sure it will be a lot higher again tomorrow.
14. Building - You can see this building (Sheraton Hotel) from the highway heading downtown in StL. Or you can get a better view of it going East on 14th Street from Chouteau. I go back and forth with loving that all of the stuff is actually painted on the building and not really architecturally present and hating that it is all painted and not real. Everything (except the windows) is painted onto the building. Even the stuff below the windows. The arched windows at the top are painted, too.
15. Finger - The first time I heard the song, "Peace Sign/Index Down" by Gym Class Heroes, I loved it. Their offer to put up the peace sign and put the index [finger] down is awesome. I await the day when I have balls (really ovaries) enough to give some one the peace sign with a smile and then slowly turn my smile upside down, lower the index, and flip my wrist around.
16. Sign - Questions that arise after seeing this poster sign:
- Are people actually going to attend?
- Do they have new songs, or will the bands be recapping their 80s "masterpieces"?
- Will the bands still be rocking tight leather pants and cutoff shirts?
- Will the bands don bandanas to cover their balding heads or will they go au naturale?
- Will the audience be rocking acid/stone-washed denim?
- Will anyone in the audience be under 30?
- Will said older audience be able to catch the performers when they try to crowd surf?
- Will I sneak in to the concert for a last listen to "Pour Some Sugar On Me"?
17. Your addiction - I am still a big fan of WWF. I made this move against my sister and had to take a screen shot of it. I have scored over 100 before, but didn't have a fancy phone to take a screen shot of the word. I love that this one was such a simple word, too.
You can see photos from the first week of July, too.
You're having way too much fun this summer!ReplyDelete
It's been a pretty relaxing summer!Delete
Now I'm going to have to look up what that word, zine, means. Do it! The peace sign thing. Then report back. Love all your interpretations.ReplyDelete
Back at ya! Something for you over by me!
Thanks!! I'll have to pass it on soon!Delete
I am traveling to NYC soon and imagine I will have a chance there to do the peace sign up, index down action at some point.Delete