13 November 2012

I'm finally like Oprah

It has been years since Oprah ended her regular talk show.

I stopped watching it at one point because I got really tired of her interview style - she interrupts people way too much for my liking.

But, she was good for having some really great topics and guests.

I always wished that I would be able to get on the Favorite things show, or that I could invent something and have her talk about it one day so that I could experience the flood of customers that people who had their products mentioned on her show complained about.  Or else, I wanted her to just send me some of her money.  I would even take 0.00003% of her one day earnings.

But, I never succeed in these.

I guess there is still hope, but I have given up on that dream.

I did, however, finally experience one of the groups she had on her show.

Last night, I took a Doonya class - Bollywood fitness.

It was super fun, and was the best cardio workout I have had since early August (that is how long it has been since I have done any type of cardio).  I did feel like very much like the new kid since I was the only one that did not have experience with it and the only one who was taking the class for the first time.  It was really fun, but kind of hard to remember when the dance moves were going to change up.  It was also hard at first to make sure I was moving my arms correctly - it was like I could only focus on the arms or legs when I was learning the moves, not both.

I want to go back for more.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun/hard! And I'm with you about Oprah. I used to love her show. But then the way she always interrupted began to annoy the crap out of me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one that noticed her interruptions.

      The class was really fun!

      Delete
  2. I was not familiar with this workout. It looks so fun and challenging for someone awkward like me. I have friends trying to convince me to try Zumba but I haven't. This looks more peaceful for me. I need to find something to do. I miss Oprah's Favorite Things show as it was nice to see the happy people and the act of giving. She could be hard to take sometimes (interrupting and always seemed that her opinion was "right". But when she did stuff right, she was great. I started a gratitude journal because of her, and it helped me when my hubby passed away. Helped me focus and keep on going. Thanks for sharing this workout idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check out the class. They only have them in Manhattan, though. Doonya.com

      I love the idea of a gratitude journal. I used to say three things I was grateful for each night as I was waiting to fall asleep in bed. Writing it down would be more meaningful, especially as I could look back at it as time goes on.

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.