19 November 2012

Working for way less

I guess I should be happy that I am getting a pay check.  I am no longer working as though I were a volunteer teacher.
I'm trying not to do this to the people of the BoE,
but there is only so much I can take.

But, I'm still not getting paid what I am supposed to be getting paid here in NYC.  The Board of Education is hella slow with their paper work.

They have not yet approved my previous 9 years of experience to push me up in the salary schedule - I understand if they don't give me all the years, but I should not be getting paid the same as a first year teacher.

I had to go down to the office today to make sure they were working on that.

They have not yet gotten my master's degree into the system.

I had to go down to the office today to work on that, too.

It is supposed to be 4-6 more weeks for the master's and who knows how long for the previous years experience (that has been in the system since Sept 16 with no confirmation of my previous work, yet).

I will have a really fat back-pay check when it is all worked out.

Hopefully, that is one day soon.


8 comments:

  1. Frustrating. But I guess you can look forward to all that retroactive pay, right? Maybe just in time for Christmas????!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely looking forward to that big pay. But, with the way they move, I am hoping for Spring Break!

      Delete
  2. Stop the shenanigans, clearly they are going to to a retroactive pay situation right!? Now if you OWED some money I bet they would move quite quickly...totally not fain and just in time for the holidays...ugh...But yes, Three Cheers for a paycheck!!! #doingbetterthanme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know they would be all over me and garnishing my ish if I owed them.

      How are you surviving? With money and with being back in the States?

      Delete
  3. So much paper! Do you have an advisor at your school to help you push this stuff through? Maybe a school union rep if they don't? Have a great Thsnksgiving....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to work with the people, but everyone at school and with the union say there is nothing that can be done to speed them up.

      It's like everyone here has just accepted that the BOE is slow and will do nothing to make it any better and the BOE knows that we know, yet still won't do better.

      Delete
  4. Woop woop to the back-pay! :D And gosh, that's a lot of faffing around on their part, hope they hurry up and sort it out sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They don't seem to be in any hurry. September was a long time ago. All they need to do for the work history is make three phone calls to verify the three other places I have worked. Then look at the transcript to see that I earned a reputable masters' degree.

      They bug!!

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.