28 November 2012

Semi-wordless Wednesday - AM travel

Here is the view of Manhattan from the back of my BK-bound cab.  You can see the new WTC building - hint, it's the really tall one.

I had to take a $20 cab this morning since the train I normally take was backed up due to a stall at some other stop.  I waited about 25 minutes hoping it might arrive.  Then I walked to a different train line hoping that would work out; waited there for another 5 minutes before deciding to just cab it.


Money well spent that could have been spent on a lot of other things that I could actually use.

7 comments:

  1. Great albeit expense view. I recognized new WTC building from my visit. It sure stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That view was the only bright spot to me having to shell out all that money this morning.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you guys afford to travel :) It IS a beautiful view, though !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely not my normal mode of transport. The last times I had to take a cab to work due to the storm, I split it four and five ways. Much easier. Subways are way cheaper.

      Even as I sat in the taxi, I kept thinking how I don't understand how some people take cabs everywhere. I guess they are just the really wealthy.

      Delete
  3. Great view. Almost made me wish I could take more sunrise/sunset taxi rides above the ground instead of the subway.

    Then I looked at the meter and saw that I was halfway and already at 10 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome view! But $20? YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited and waited for the train hoping I wouldn't have to shell out all that money, but I had to since that was the only way to get to work. Sucked!

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.